My brother's wife, Samantha, ordered a cake to help with the surprise! They only have girls so naturally she chose pink, though we have no idea what sex the baby is! Sam was in on the secret since the day we found out! :) This is the version of the poem that we gave to my parents. Eliza and Anna have already named them Grammie and Gearnie!
Dear Grammie and Gearnie,
I do not have a face to see,
Or put inside a frame.
I do not have soft cheeks to kiss,
I don't yet have a name.
You can't yet hold my tiny hands, 'nor whisper in my ear.
It's still too soon to sing a song, or cuddle me so near.
But all will change come September 1st, That’s when they say I'm due.
I'll be your third grandchild (WOW); I can't wait till I meet you.
All I ask between now and then is your patience while I grow.
I promise I'll be worth the wait, because of all the love we'll know.
So have a blessed New Year
A wish to you from me.
I cannot wait to be a part
Of this amazing family!
With Love,
Precious Baby Watkinson
With Love,
Precious Baby Watkinson
No comments:
Post a Comment